Safety & Standards
When you burn a candle in your home, what are you putting into your air? What are you breathing in? At EveryFlame, you never have to wonder! We only source the finest quality ingredients to formulate our candles. From our waxes, to our wicks, and most importantly our fragrances- we only offer the best to you. And we want to make sure when you’re enjoying our products, you’re keeping safety in mind.
We only use natural soy waxes in our candles. Soy wax is clean burning, and doesn't "ash" or burn off any unsafe fumes. Not all waxes are created equal! Cheaper wax options, like paraffin, are tested to be safe but do "ash" and fill your home with trace amounts of carbon. Not harmful unless in large doses, but still not great to be breathing in!
One way large candle manufacturers save money is by using wicks with part or all synthetic materials, often including lead. We only source the highest quality natural cotton wicks that burn clean and safe.
Again, not all fragrance oils are equal. Some brands, even some "premium" expensive brands use fragrance oils with chemicals that are now known to cause many issues when inhaled.
- Are free of phthalates and similar materials
- Are free of California Proposition 65 chemicals
- Are free from carcinogens
- Are free from acute, reproductive, and organ toxins
- Are free from mutagens (materials that change the DNA of a cell, harming the cell and causing diseases like cancer)
- Meet all international standards
- Have a high flashpoint, to avoid any dangerous situations
To properly enjoy our candles, please make sure to follow simple candle safety guidelines.
- Keep away from children and pets
- Never leave a candle unattended
- Keep away from combustable materials